Do you know reiki? Here are some interesting facts about it
If you've never heard of reiki, it might sound like it's something that only hippies and new-agers are into. Though, it's a simple practice backed by science. Reiki is a form of energy medicine that involves the laying on of hands to heal physical ailments and psychological stress. It's based on the idea that an unseen "life force energy" flows through us and is what keeps us alive. If one's "life force energy" is low, then we're more likely to get sick or feel stress, but if it's high, we are more capable of being happy and healthy. The human body has its natural healing system but sometimes it may need help coping with illness, disease, or injury where there is physical pain, emotional trauma, or stress. It works to enhance the natural healing system by helping to release blockages of energy that cause imbalances in the body.
Let’s take a look at seven interesting facts about Reiki
1. Reiki is a type of energy work that harnesses the energy from all around us—the air we breathe, the sunshine, and even the ground beneath our feet and uses it to heal our bodies.
2. Reiki practitioners act as channels for this healing energy, directing it toward the body's natural healing process so that it can use all available resources to return to balance.
3. It's not meant to replace any kind of medical treatment or physical therapy, but instead works alongside them to speed up recovery and help you feel more energetic and relaxed in your day-to-day life.
4. Reiki is not taught in a traditional classroom setting, but is rather passed on during sessions through 'attunement.'
5. It is not dependent on your intellectual capacity or spiritual knowledge, and you are not required to have prior experience with practices such as meditation.
6. You don't have to be sick or injured in order to benefit from reiki; its calming effects also help with stress management and relaxation.
7. After receiving a Reiki attunement, a person will have Reiki with them for the rest of their life; it cannot be lost.
It’s difficult to ignore the reality that life is stressful. Even those who enjoy their careers and family lives are constantly being stretched to their limits between work, bills, relationships, and unexpected curveballs. Reiki can help you relax and recharge from all this stress, which will make it easier to remain calm, focused, and strong when the next challenge comes along. So, if you want to improve your physical and mental health, reiki could be for you. That said, if you're interested in learning more about this ancient art of healing then you can contact me.